Friday, October 2, 2009

Stuck between two teammates...

Gives me the opportunity to blog. First tournament of the season and we're in Colorado. This is the furthest I've ever traveled for sports, and I'm glad I finally get a chance to do this before graduating. Whilst being sandwiched between Jada and Lisa, I realize how much I love the team aspect of soccer. I honestly will miss this so much, so I shall follow the words of Tim McGraw and "live like [I] [am] dying." Listen to that song: "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw. So good.

My battery is at 13%, speaking of dying.

I'm nervous for this weekend. Playing a lot of new teams at an elevation 5,000 feet higher than what we're used to. Oh boy. Bring it on. Also, it's cold. All I can say is thank God for North Face pullovers and warm glove/mitten things. But I am really hot right now. But I don't like moving and waking people up, so I will just lay here.

There was a homeless man who approached us at Denny's. He was telling us about how his friends froze to death. It was random and weird, and that provoked some giggles from the girls, but it was really sad at the same time. I wish I could understand where he was coming from and what he had potentially been through, but there's just no way I can. Two topics of the night that came up were: 1. old people who work not so great of jobs and 2. homeless people. I talked about both with Lisa, and I dunno, it put a weird spin on the night. It's strange how in a place and time during which I can be having such a good time, there is so much reality all around. People are constantly trying to survive and progress in a world where so much impedes that progression. In a world where it's so easy to get caught up in the good life, it's necessary to remember the everyday struggles of those around us as well. As I walked hand in hand, with Susie and Lisa, back to the hotel, I think I appreciated everything a little bit more. I don't think it's a bad thing for something not necessarily positive to push you towards appreciation a little bit more. But at the same time, we shouldn't rely on these wake-up calls.

Once again I think I'm rambling. It's getting really hot with sweats on and the additional 50 pounds of blanket on top of me, so I shall end here with 3 minutes of battery life left. Friends, I love you. Love those you come across with an open heart and mind. Wow. Call me cliche if you will, but fo real. =) Gnite.

1 comment: