Thursday, October 15, 2009

Had soccer practice in the rain a few nights ago

And it made me feel perfectly, peacefully elated. I think elated is always linked to extreme energy and excitement, but can you be elated in peace? That's how I felt. Running around with the gentle rain made me reminisce about the high school and club days, but I didn't feel nostalgic in a sad way. I often contemplate if I am too content with life. Every morning I wake up and prepare myself for a 9-4 or 8-5 day, and half-way through, I'm usually pooped out. But, I can't find anything to not feel content with. I remember I actually had a purpose for this blog entry, but I can't remember it. It was either during practice... or something else... when I thought, "I should blog about this here thought..." But. I forget.

I am on a current Kings of Leon and Dishwalla music binge. It's all I listen to. I just turned my iTunes on shuffle, and it feels really weird.

Interactions and relationships fascinate me. From the random everyday interactions you have with strangers to the relationships that continue to build from day to day, it's all so wild. The power we hold is often inconceivable. It's so easy to pass judgment, but it can be so hard to try and see where that person is coming from. I think I have been getting better at holding my tongue when letting it loose is simply unnecessary and juvenile. Then I think, is it possible to withhold judgment about people passing judgment? I dunno.

But that makes me think of something else. Is it possible to be TOO accepting of people? Or TOO understanding? I think whenever my friends get pissed off at strangers, I try to be the neutralizer and offer a different point of view. But are there situations in which it just gets to be too much?

The rain was refreshing though. Today is supposed to be like 80 degrees though, out of nowhere. But that's ok, because I'm ready for the surf. =) I wish I had a free day, and I have to admit I'm somewhat relieved about SB backing out of our game on Saturday because that finally gives me a day to sleep in. But then, I'll definitely be hitting the beach.

Do you ever get self-conscious about how much you write "I" or "me" or "my"? I do. See? Even there. AHH. Sometimes I feel like I'm just talking about myself too much. Is that weird? It's something I think about every time I'm talking to someone, but I really don't know how to avoid it. And yes, I have definitely been thinking about it more than usual through this entire paragraph.

This post was all over the place. And I feel like I've said that before. And I feel like I've said that before. And so on. Infinite regress problem. I can't focus anymore even though I'm trying to squeeze the noise of the TV and people in student center out of my ears by blasting some Beatles through my headphones. That is all for now, folks. Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment