Friday, September 18, 2009

Too lazy to go to the arc...

It has been a while. I just got back from a lil' welcome/training thing at DOS, and I really should go to the ARC. I went two days ago with Cin, and I am sad to say that I still feel like I was possibly hit by a train or the Titanic or something like that-- maybe even the Titanic on wheels that rolled down a large mountain.

I am pretty dang stoked about this internship thing. I still cannot believe mikeknox asked me to be his intern, and I feel like I have a lot of expectations to fulfill. Hopefully, I do not disappoint. I am nervous, to be honest, because I feel like the other interns already have what they want to accomplish in mind. And here I am, quite new to the whole thing. I think it will be an awesome learning experience, regardless, and I'm genuinely excited for the doors this opportunity will open up.

SCHOOL! School starts in a week! WEOGJAELWGJ! I just got added to the classics class I was waitlisted for. I was originally #50 something, perhaps even higher, but I got added. PHEW. Pretty relieving considering the fact that my 194W professor sent out an email that sounded like it was directed towards me. So it looks like I will be dropping 194W so I can take the class that the internship requires me to take, and I will be taking classics along with half my team. Hoorah. I shall not let this be a repeat of freshmen year when I took astronomy with some teammates =).

SOCCER! LKSDGJALKSDJG. I am honestly so excited/saddened when I think about this upcoming season. It very well may be my last year of soccer. EVER. It's a bit heart-wrenching to say the least to know that I may have to move on from one of the greatest passions in my life. I can't believe we play next weekend already. And the weekend after that, we go to Colorado. Summer flew by pretty quickly now that I think about. I love this down time though when you can just sink into your bed, reflect, and transfer your thoughts from brain to computer whilst listening to the sound of the wind moving the blinds and the gentle rumble of traffic. As I often find myself thinking, life is good.

Meeting the other DOS interns made me think, though, "What have I done with my life thus far?" Honestly. These are like, super motivated people. I listened to the goals they had set out for themselves and the articulation with which they spoke, and I felt the awkward pieces of Captain Crunch I was snacking on settle and combine in my stomach as one large chunk of respect. I was never a leader on campus before, even in high school. Of course, I was in sports, but on campus, I never got involved with leadership or anything like that. There's so much more to the world than soccer or sports, and I realize that I have let my perspective narrow over time. I mean, obviously I don't think of the world as revolving around the Lakers or Dodgers or sports or whatever, but sports have just always played a huge role in my life. But I regret letting my passion handicap my capacity to explore other fields. I am set on utilizing Passport to help broaden my horizons. =)

I am obsessed with the CD Zelda made me. Thanks, girl. I lava you. I cannot stop listening to MSTRKRFT ft. John Legend - Heartbreaker
I recommend you listen to this song if you haven't heard it before. Great beat plus John Legend's sexy smooth voice=wandaful.

I feel sleepy now. I haven't woken up early in like... many moons, and I had to today. I seriously need to work out though, so hopefully after I finish this post, I will have overpowered my thoughts of sleep with thoughts of me not dying on the field due to lack of conditioning. So long for now, friends.

edit: FAIL. I just woke up from a nap. Slept through 3 calls and 3 texts. Sigh. One day, I shall overcome sleep's sweet siren calls. But for now, listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hrIPRcq5V4&feature=sub. Beautiful stuff, right? Enjoy.

1 comment: